From Strategic Workforce Planning to Jobs & Skills Management : a response to new HR issues
The Jobs & Skills Management has replaced the Strategic Workforce Planning Since 2017, what new prerogatives does this evolution imply for the HR function?
The Jobs & Skills Management adds 3 positive concepts in understanding trade planning for HR teams:
- Prevention of obsolescence of skills, guarantee of employability.
- Empowering employees to build their own career paths.
- Transparency on the trades and skills priorities for business performance.
We detail these different evolutions in our page"From the Strategic Workforce Planning to the Jobs & Skills Management".
Choosing the best for your Jobs & Skills Management
A simple and pragmatic tool to support your HR strategy cannot be decreed, it must be built with all stakeholders. Indeed, the objective of a Jobs & Skills Management approach is to be virtuous for the whole company. In this context, the preparation, the diagnosis and the negotiations are the first pivotal steps. Discover how to define the basis of your negotiations.
The main points of attention that we highlight are:
- Ensure alignment of your job and career management solution with your HR culture and practices;
- Converge annual interviews, development plans and talent reviews into a single HR management tool;
- To offer an ergonomic and intuitive solution that mobilizes all HR actors to reach a good agreement Jobs & Skills Management.
Improving talent management through Jobs & Skills Management
Detecting and making HR data reliable requires the involvement of employees and managers.
What are the key activities to achieve stakeholder empowerment?
The 3 key activities are:
- The mobilization of the assets of the collaborators calls for the consideration of each of the skills and the expression of the motivations;
- The identification of skills offers visibility on the bridges between the different professions to increase your opportunities for internal mobility;
- Continuous updating of your talent management platform becomes a reality through continuous enrichment of the skills of tomorrow.
The investment of the HR actors is part of many challenges summarized in our page"the stakes of the Strategic Workforce Planning".
An illustration of a project from Jobs & Skills Management with Natixis:
- Improvethe adequacy of skills and internal offers for the 2,500 French employees.
Solutions and results :
- Detecting unrevealed skills through AI and employee engagement - 50,000 skills detected.
- Creation of a common language to ensure consistency between skills and job offers - 85% take-up in 2 weeks.
- Suggested the best career paths to increase internal mobility - 50% progression in 6 months.
"Neobrain helped us project our employees in their career path." Cristel Guilain - Head of HR & Transformation -Natixis?
Strengthen the management of skills
Jobs & Skills Management and management of skills are intimately linked since this system produces an alignment of know-how and strategy. This ambition is operationally expressed by the constitution of a software that gathers your HR data to make them talk. HR teams need to be guided in a sustainable management strategy skills .
What are the components of a successful Jobs & Skills Management solution?
- Automate the creation of business repositories and skills in order to focus on the development of your talents;
- Make the right HR decisions with a tool that Strategic Workforce Planning that gives visibility on individual and collective skills gaps;
- Establish a step-by-step approach in a methodology that combines the initiative of the management on the key skills and the pragmatism of managers and business experts.
Anticipating the evolution of professions thanks to AI
Artificial intelligence, made possible by the reliability of HR data, is one of the allies to successfully carry out your transformations.
Here are the benefits of this tool for your Jobs & Skills Management :
- Don't leave any skill to chance, detect and value each current skill to enrich your human capital;
- Respond to business transformations with a head start: the risks of losing skills and their obsolescence are visible on a centralized dashboard.
- Use emerging business trends and skills to suggest training, plan your resources and implement succession plans.
Your approach Jobs & Skills Management requires a preparation that we explain in our page"the 5 good practices of an efficient Jobs & Skills Management tool".
Illustration of AI in an HRIS project with Sage :
- Disposing ofa snapshot of skills to support employees in the transformation of their jobs.
- Integration of skills of target trades with trained artificial intelligence;
- Identification of individual and group development needs;
- Adapting the training policy to successfully carry out the transformation of the business lines.
"Neobrain gave us the tool we were missing: a consistent platform to lay the foundation for our job and career management."
AI is part of several levers useful for building a sustainable and mobilizing Jobs & Skills Management , we develop them in the section"the tools of the gepp".
Build the Strategic Workforce Planning
Adjusting the evolution of your resources over the next 2-3 years in line with your HR strategy means :
- Know available resources and emerging skills ahead of your planning. Using AI increases this HR agility;
- Modeling scenarios from your HR data allows you to develop pragmatic resource planning with all stakeholders;
- Plan and reduce the uncertainty of your skills, businesses and workforce in line with your strategic and financial objectives.
Today, it is a question of going further than what the Jobs & Skills Management tools offer and integrating the business dimension into the planning process. Discover how the SWP model works, the data that feeds it, the differences with Jobs & Skills Management, and concrete examples in our page dedicated to"Strategic workforce planning, definitions and use cases".
Neobrain's support in your Jobs & Skills Management in 3 points:
- To help you carry out a global HR diagnosis of your company's jobs, employment and skills ;
- To offer you the anticipation tool that reconciles the company's performance and the employees' aspirations;
- To bring you the collaborative solution of building the future of the 3 actors of the organization:
- Employees seize internal opportunities and develop skills that make sense in their professional orientation,
- Managers identify the best levers for supporting talent and allocate resources to strategic projects,
- The HR function involves all stakeholders in a strategic and measurable planning of the organization.
The Neobrain software suite provides you with the complete and intelligent foundation for the continuous transformation of your organization. Each of our modules can be implemented independently to take you one step further.